Last year we started a great tradition: Sharing MyBlogGuest stats with the world.
- Google started talking about guest blogging, so we started talking about Google 🙂 We amended our quality guidelines trying to adapt them to what Google was stating. Not all people were happy.
- In an effort to make guest blogging more personal, we introduced Google Authorship. (If you look at this and the previous one… Why would Google not love us :))
- Our users were complaining about the quality of blogs (understandably because low quality is easier to notice as it comes in high quantity). We introduced blog ratings and allowed our community to decide which blogs they want to see in MBG and which ones they want to keep inactive.
- Our WordPress plugin was released out of alpha and made it to Wordress.org (check out all the great reviews and leave one ;))
- Our super team has formed
- We added lots of features including Articles Requests, Elite gallery, Books gallery, etc:
The biggest thing we came to understand in 2013: As the community defending the good image of guest blogging we need to position ourselves as the thought leader, hence we spend more and more time, money and effort developing free training courses (Elite program) as well as lost of other training opportunities.
In the end, we have stepped on a harder, more complicated path than we had been following in 2012. We have accepted more responsibility as to what type of content is being placed through our platform…
Here are some numbers:
- Our user base has almost tripled since the previous infographic
- Almost 300,000 unique free articles have found homes through MyBlogGuest Articles Gallery
- Infographics gallery is doing slower…
- The average number of daily-placed articles has grown just a bit (Obviously because the number of blogs that are eager to accept just about anything has dropped)
To make the long story short, here’s the infographic:
You can see the previous version here.
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- How to Pitch Your SEO / Marketing Tool to Me - Apr 10, 2018
- How Seasonal Trends Inform and Direct Your Content Strategy [Updated] - Dec 19, 2017
- Visual Quotes. HOW TO: Quote Using Text-to-Image Tools (and Go Viral) - Jun 12, 2017