Quick disclaimer before I go deeper into that: No, this is NOT about cash-only sponsorships or sponsoring me personally or this blog. This is about giving more exposure to your products, tools or services only if they can benefit our community members and initiatives we are committed to.
I was inspired by yesterday’s #blogchat as well as the the future MyBlogU brainstorm challenge (which we are planning) and decided to write this article describing all the opportunities I can offer you through a few great communities I am building!
Listen, you have something of value or you want to be heard: We have the community that may LOVE that!
Here’s what we do (and what you can join!)
(Note: This list will be only growing. We come up with new ideas all.the.time. If you feel like you have an idea for some initiative we can ALL benefit from, contact me or tweet to @seosmarty (emails may get auto-spammed: Let’s not make it a blocker!))
- Quarterly blogging contests and challenges for both MyBlogU and ViralContentBuzz communities to spread the word and help our members get to know the platforms better.
- Weekly Twitter chat on blogging, marketing and growth-hacking #myblogu (here’s the archive)
- Weekly Twitter chat on social media and content marketing #VCBuzz (here’s the archive to give you an idea!)
- Lots of content I write weekly on prominent blogs: I am always searching for new tools and ideas!
- Email newsletters throughout our platforms (Disclaimer: We never accept offers to sponsor our newsletter because we value our users’ time and privacy. Your platform may be mentioned in our newsletter for free if we think it will benefit our communities members)
What types of sponsorship are we looking for?
Again, we are flexible! Let me know if you have more ideas!
How we can help each other will depend on what you are building or promoting:
- Are you building a (freemium) tool or a platform*? Let’s give away ONE premium membership to the winner of our contest. We can also encourage that user to write up a quick (but honest) blurb on which problem your tool helped him/her solve (that’s another idea for me to cover on the multitude of blogs I am contributing to!) At the end of the day, you’ll get free exposure and we’ll get a happy user who got a free access to your toolset!
- Are you running a blog or maintaining an email list? Become our contest media partner! We’ll share what you do in our announcement blog posts and you’ll invite your readers to participate in our challenge (and win prizes!)
- Are you providing a service*? Become our Twitter chat guest (free!) and teach us something useful! Free exposure for you!
Note*: In some cases, we’ll accept cash prizes for our contest winners as well BUT this will be on case-by-case basis (I believe that sponsoring only makes sense if our audience is related to what you do: We want to offer you *useful* exposure!). Contact me to discuss. Tweet to me if you don’t hear back!
Bottom line: On one hand, we believe in driving value to our users: ALL sorts of opportunities that will help them grow! On the other hand, if you need additional exposure, more coverage, honest reviews, beta testers, etc etc, we may be able to help! Sounds like a win-win to me! We believe in growing together! Let me know what you have in mind!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- How to Pitch Your SEO / Marketing Tool to Me - Apr 10, 2018
- How Seasonal Trends Inform and Direct Your Content Strategy [Updated] - Dec 19, 2017
- Visual Quotes. HOW TO: Quote Using Text-to-Image Tools (and Go Viral) - Jun 12, 2017