How To Effectively Test Website Design and Functionality
A few days ago I put a Christmas-like feed button on my site and today I discovered that it can’t be seen in many browsers other than FF. This fact came as a complete revelation to me. </shame> Honestly, I am having tough time starting my blog and going “social” and I did not even have time to test my blog design in different browsers! But that was a good lesson. Thanks to this shameful overlook, I found a great tool to test a website design (and not only that). By using a FF plug-in called user agent switcher you can quickly:
- Test your web forms in different browsers;
- Check your website with the user agent being Googlebot, for example;
- Avoid browser specific blocks; etc
And you can play with the plugin to your heart content.
Many thanks to Tom who discovered this tool for us at SEOMoz. The post is of a great interest to me as it shows how many minds produce knowledge: when no one could guess what was wrong, Tom came up with a simple and genius solution!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- How We Re-Define Content Marketing Training #MyBlogU - Sep 19, 2014
- Ann Smarty Looking for the Perfect Sponsors - Sep 8, 2014
- Crafting an About Page that Proves the AUTHORITY in You - Aug 4, 2014